THIS BLOG IS AD-FREE

there is nothing here for sale

Friday 11 December 2009

mindfulness, or the lack thereof


Long time, no post...

Today I bought a small meditating Buddha figure. The idea was to place it in a prominent position on my desk at work, to remind me to practice mindfulness.

When I got to the office, I snipped the string attaching the price label to the figure. Unfortunately, due to thinking of something entirely unrelated whilst performing this operation, I also snipped my finger.

Mindfulness? Hah!

4 comments:

  1. Hah! Great minds thinking alike - I just posted for the first time in ages, too. Not as cheerful as your post tho.

    Picture of new statue is necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, just for you...(jpeg).

    I read your post. Certainly put my paltry problems into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Spud, nice figurine! I have one next to my computer at work, too, to (try, lol) keep myself mindful. I wonder if this works? Nope, it didn't. Here's a link instead (sigh, Ebay! Oh, well...)

    http://tinyurl.com/yevcbcy
    (I hope!) It's one of my favourite jizo bosatsu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the style!
    Sorry didn't post earlier - no notification of your post received from Blogger, had to spot it all by myself...

    ReplyDelete